Summary of Experience:
- More than twenty years of photography experience.
- Published in leading magazines, newspapers and web sites including: Newsweek, Business Week, LA Times, Chicago Tribune, Die Weld, Le Monde, the Time of London, the Financial Times, AOL, MSNBC and CNN.
- Fortune 100 corporate photography clientele including SAP, IBM, Business Objects, Veritas, PepsiCo, Motorola, Learning Annex.
- International assignment experience in South Africa, the Middle East, Haiti, South East Asia, and throughout Europe.
- Member of NPPA, ASMP, EP and Lightstalkers.org.
- Invited to teach the photojournalism component of the Master of Fine Arts course at San Francisco's Academy of Art University.
- Invited to speak at the ASMP business conference on the subject of marketing in the photography industry.
- Guest photojournalism speaker, Apple Store, San Francisco, 2006.
- Board of Directors for Fotovision.org, 2005-2006.
- Regular contributor to professional photography blogs at Black Star and DigitalJournalist.org.
- Experienced in the effective use of 35mm SLR, digital SLR, medium format and large format camera equipment.
- Computer expert on both Windows and Mac platforms.
- Ten years of multimedia production experience.
- Able to edit, caption and file images, on-time, from almost anywhere.
- Skilled graphic designer, Adobe Photoshop user, and web site developer.
- Excellent communications skills, written, numerical or graphical.
- Passable French language speaker.
- Seasoned international traveler.
Summary of Recent Work Experience:
- Major events covered on assignment to Getty Images, New York Times, SIPA Press and ZUMA Press include:
- USDA Conference and protests, Sacramento, 2003.
- WTO Conferences and protests, Montreal and Cancun, 2003.
- FTAA Conference and protests, Miami, 2003.
- Anti-war protests, San Francisco, 2002-2007.
- Republican National Convention and protests, New York, 2004.
- Immigration Law protests, San Francisco, 2006.
- Unrest and UN Intervention, Haiti, 2004/5.
- Relief organizations working in Swaziland and Lesotho, 1996-2000.
- Post-apartheid unrest in Soweto, Alexandra and Johannesburg, 1996.
- California Gubernatorial campaigns and inauguration, 2003.
- US Presidential campaigns and inauguration, 2004/5.
- All major events for California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger including 4-day campaign bus tour, 2003-2007.
Recent Projects Include:
- Forgotten Heroes: WWII, Korean War and Vietnam War Veterans - photo essay and multimedia production.
- Racial Activism: White Supremacy Groups and the Ku Klux Klan in the US - photo essay and multimedia production.
- Exotic and Erotic: Diverse Sexual Preferences Celebrated in the Bay Area - photo essay and multimedia production.
- Village Pub: Back and Front of the House at a Landmark Silicon Valley Restaurant - photo essay and multimedia production.
Education and Training:
- Bachelors Degree in English, University of Westminster, London, 1984.
- Advanced Business Communications and Design, IMG Design Group, Berkshire, UK, 1993.
- Institute of Project Management Certification, Deutsche Bank Management Training, London, 1995.
- Solution Selling Training Certification, IBM Training Academy, Chicago, IL, 1998